problems after installing Collabora Online on the Nextcloud Server

Forum home -> Tech Talk -> View topic

Posted
Rating:
#300 (In Topic #58)
Standard member

white screen after double click to edit a document (docker logfile)

After installing Collobora exactly as in the install guide video of Jacob there were several errors pointed out in the logfile. I checked the logfile because I get a white screen as soon as a try to edit a document online.
The first problem was the 'Fork failed (enomem)' problem, even though I've 4 Gb of ram and 2 cpu's for the droplet available.  I've solved it with creating a 2 Gb swapfile as in the video.  So now I've less storage available, what I don't like at all.
The other error is this one:
frk-00031-00031 2019-01-25 15:56:43.321866 [ forkit ] ERR  Error: forkit has more
than a single thread after pre-init| kit/ForKit.cpp:540
I don't know how to solve that. I would appreciate any help.

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
NOTS Staff
Hi there!

Martin said

The first problem was the 'Fork failed (enomem)' problem, even though I've 4 Gb of ram and 2 cpu's for the droplet available.  I've solved it with creating a 2 Gb swapfile as in the video.  So now I've less storage available, what I don't like at all.

Hmm… it doesn't make sense that you need a 2GB swap file plus 4GB of RAM if I was able to get it working with a 2GB swap file plus 1GB of RAM. If you run free -h, what's the output?

Martin said

The other error is this one:
frk-00031-00031 2019-01-25 15:56:43.321866 [ forkit ] ERR  Error: forkit has more
than a single thread after pre-init| kit/ForKit.cpp:540

I received this error message in my video as well. I don't think it's actually causing problems right now. Do you see a line after it that says "Preinit stage OK."? According to the source code, the program should just continue on after printing this message:
https://github.com/LibreOffice/online/blob/f028fd58f246d0139b35af8e7f48fed8c4a6173c/kit/ForKit.cpp#L531 (Notice the lack of an Exit call within the if statement.)
Online now: No Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.