Technology through creativity. Creativity through technology.
Nerd on the Street is a video production company. Our mission is to educate and entertain our viewers while advocating for free & open software.
Free & Open Software
Open-source software is software that is released with publicly accessible source code. Free/libre software is software that respects the freedoms of its users. We combine and shorten these terms into the phrase "free & open."
We consider free & open software a critical requirement of creative expression. When you use free & open software, nobody can tell you what to say or what not to say. We believe in the freedoms of speech and expression, so we advocate for free & open software in order to help everyone acquire and exercise those freedoms.
A large amount of our videos focus on technology. We also have some entertainment productions, and we occasionally make gaming videos. Some of our past productions include:
- Extra Life: We have done two telethon-style charity gaming streams raising money for the St. Louis Children's Hospital. We did a 24-hour livestream in 2015 and a 25-hour livestream in 2016.
- Displaced (Seasons 1 & 2): We produced two feature-length seasons of a machinima series using Minecraft as our animation engine. The series is a fan-fiction sequel to the Stargate sci-fi franchise.
- The Entire Technology Channel: See our latest montage of all the tutorials, reviews, how-to videos, and news reports we've made over the last four years.
Our Business Plan
Nerd on the Street Productions, LLC is a Limited Liability Company located in the state of Missouri. Most of our operating costs are covered by our staff, but we do receive some funding from the following sources:
- Google AdSense
- Amazon Prime Video
Going forward, our goal is to become completely audience-funded through our Nerd Club sponsorship program. In order to maintain our creative independence, we do specifically avoid partnerships with individual companies, although we are willing to test and review products on occasion.
- Jacob Kauffmann: Jacob founded Nerd on the Street in the summer of 2012. He has created every NOTS Tech video to date, and he wrote and directed both seasons of Displaced for NOTS Creative. He is currently attending college for Information Technology.
- Adam Herrera: Adam was the lead voice actor in both seasons of Displaced, and was also on the machinimation team for both seasons. He also co-hosted over 60 episodes of the NOTS Podcast with Jacob. He is currently attending university for Accounting.
- Michael Chenot: Michael was on the machinimation team for both seasons of Displaced. He was also a stream tech for NOTS Extra Life 2016. He is currently attending college for Information Technology.
- Stephanie Tsunami: Stephanie is currently on the animation team for Displaced: Season 3. She also participated in both of the NOTS Extra Life streams. She is currently attending high school.
- Mark McDoodly: Mark will be a co-host of the upcoming Rolling Release podcast. He is currently attending college for Information Technology.
- Brett Schlereth: Brett was the host of the NOTS Gaming channel from September 2014 to April 2015. He was a voice actor in both seasons of Displaced, and he has participated in both of the NOTS Extra Life streams. He is currently attending university.