Nextcloud installation

Forum home -> Tech Talk -> View topic

Posted
Rating:
#301 (In Topic #59)
Standard member

ssl certificate for MyPhpAdmin

During the install guide video of Nextcloud 15 there is a PhPMyAdmin installation. But there is no info of how to setup a SSL certificate for MyPhpAdmin login url so I can login safely. I've tried a guide on the Digital Ocean website to no avail. I am still new to all this and don't know how to solve this. Is it possible to make an second short video with a guide how to change and secure the default PhpMyAdmin login url?

Last edit: by Martin

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
NOTS Staff

Martin said

During the install guide video of Nextcloud 15 there is a PhPMyAdmin installation. But there is no info of how to setup a SSL certificate for MyPhpAdmin login url so I can login safely. I've tried a guide on the Digital Ocean website to no avail. I am still new to all this and don't know how to solve this. Is it possible to make an second short video with a guide how to change and secure the default PhpMyAdmin login url?

It's good that you're thinking about SSL when using phpMyAdmin. I actually did things a little less than optimally in my video. If you want to make sure you're SSL-encrypted the very first time you access phpMyAdmin, you need to complete the Let's Encrypt setup before you install phpMyAdmin. To be clear, if you've already installed phpMyAdmin without SSL, that's fine; as soon as you set up Let's Encrypt, phpMyAdmin will run over SSL (assuming you set the redirect option during the Let's Encrypt setup.)

In order to change the phpMyAdmin URL, open up /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf (on RHEL distros, it's located at /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf). One of the first lines should be "Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin". The /usr/share/phpmyadmin directory is where phpMyAdmin actually is on your system; the /phpmyadmin alias is what you type into a web browser to access the program. Just change that first /phpmyadmin into whatever other alias you want the URL to be, and then restart Apache. (There are separate methods for NGINX and other web servers.)

Let me know if this helps!
Online now: No Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.