Info & Download Page
What is Nots!_OS?
Nots!_OS is an operating system designed for creators. Makers. Builders... of software. You didn't think we meant creators of anything in general, did you? Boy, we really should have specified that earlier...
But what is it really?
In actuality, Nots!_OS is a joke distribution, created to mock the way that some companies have started spinning their own entire distros, rather than using the popular, well-supported, brand-recognizable distributions we already have in the Linux community. But just because it's a joke doesn't mean you shouldn't try it-- Nots!_OS is fully functional! We don't recommend using it as your day-to-day OS, but you should definitely give it a spin (no pun intended!) We preloaded it with lots of productivity apps for you...
- If you want to try Nots!_OS on a physical machine, you can download the live ISO.
- If you're going to try it in VirtualBox, you could download the pre-installed virtual machine instead. You won't see the license, but it has some extra theme tweaks.
- Please, don't link directly to the downloads! They may change URLs in the future. Link to this page instead, and we'll keep it up to date!
- 0.1.1: Fixed error in build script... turns out we can't delete folders from the desktop before they're created
- 0.1.0: Added desktop icons for some of my favorite games
- 0.0.7: Successfully set default desktop background (by making an entire Plasma theme for it)
- 0.0.6: Attempted to set default desktop background
- 0.0.5: Changed default theme to dark, attempted to set default desktop background
- 0.0.4: Attempted to set default desktop background
- 0.0.3: Attempted to set default desktop background
- 0.0.2: Added KDE Games and GNOME Games
- 0.0.1: Initial build in SUSE Studio